Our mission & goals
The SD Learning Consortium (SDLC) is a nonprofit organization whose members are organizations committed to discover together the world’s most advanced Agile goals, principles and practices and disseminate them globally.
Our mission is to help create organizations that are better for those doing the work, better for those for whom the work is done, better for the organization itself and better for society as a whole.
The SDLC conducts site visits to its members, synthesizes what we have discovered together, and disseminates its discoveries globally, including reports, web posts, social media and participation in conferences.
The SDLC engages in the following types of activities in pursuance of its purpose:
- Promote research in workplace organization, leadership and management with a focus on organizational and team development approaches that enable rapid innovation and entrepreneurship at scale by conducting site visits, case studies, information exchange and analysis;
- Promote education by disseminating the findings of research conducted by SDLC and related research conducted other organizations;
- Promote research and education by forming partnerships with other organizations that are pursuing similar goals, such as Scrum Alliance, Scrum Alliance Foundation, and the Drucker Forum;
- Promote study in the field of Agile and Scrum organizational theory by awarding grants to educational institutions researching these frameworks and their impact on the workplace organization, such as the Drucker Forum;
- Provide funding to educational institutions and nonprofit organizations conducting research, education, or other outreach programs in Agile, Scrum, DevOps and Kanban and other concepts and their impact on workplace organizational theory;
- Sponsor educational conferences that advance research and study of the cause and nature of efficiency and effectiveness in the workplace using Agile, Scrum, DevOps Kanban and related concepts that can enhance efficiency and effectiveness;
- Sponsor educational seminars that educate the public on Agile, Scrum, DevOps and related concepts;
- Promote educational programs that advance excellence in the workplace using Agile, Scrum, DevOps, Kanban and related concepts;
- Develop methods for disseminating information and sharing literature with the public on using Agile, Scrum, DevOps, Kanban and related concepts through presentations, website, newsletters, an online library of case studies, one-on-one support using online and social media platforms for education and coaching.
The initial funding for the SDLC is provided by its member organizations through SDLC member dues. These members are organizations that are practicing organizational and team development frameworks such as Agile, Scrum, DevOps, Lean and Kanban that enable rapid innovation and entrepreneurship at scale and are committed to furthering research and dissemination of research about these frameworks.